Our Founding Pastor & Hierarch
our founding pastor from 1941 until 1947
(pictured in Rome in 1941 on the day of his ordination)
St. Stephen was his first assignment as a pastor.
He later became our bishop from 1967 until 1969, during which time we were a parish of the Eparchy of Pittsburgh.
In 1969, we became a parish of the newly created Eparchy of Parma. Archbishop Stephen served as our Metropolitan from 1969 until 1990.
pastor from 1947 until 1951.
St. Stephen was his second assignment as a priest and his first as a pastor.
pastor from 1951 until 1955
Fr. John acquired the property in Allen Park (according to local legend, in a golf game) and orchestrated the move of the parish to its present location.
pastor from 1957 until 1981
+Stephen Veselenak, OSB
associate pastor from 1967
pastor from 1981 until 1986
administrator from 1986 until 1987
pastor from 1987 until 2017
John R.P. Russell
our bishop from our founding in 1941 until 1948
At this time, we were a parish of the Apostolic Exarchate of Pittsburgh.
our bishop from 1948 until 1954
our bishop from 1955 until 1967.
The Exarchate of Pittsburgh was elevated to the status of an Eparchy in 1963.
our bishop from 1967 until 1969,
during which time we were a parish of the Eparchy of Pittsburgh
In 1969, the Eparchy of Pittsburgh was elevated to the status of a Metropolitan Archeparchy, and Bishop Stephen became our Metropolitan.
That same year, we became a parish of the newly created Eparchy of Parma.
our bishop from 1969 (founding of Eparchy of Parma) until 1984
our bishop from 1984 until 1996
our bishop from 1996 until 2002