June 20, 1930 – 12 men met to organize a new church.
September 6, 1931 – Permission granted for charter by Bishop Basil Takach.
December 20, 1931 – First recorded baptism is celebrated by Rev. M Goydich on Cicotte in Detroit, Michigan.
March, 1932 – Services held intermittently for 9 years.
May 29, 1941 – Bishop Basil Takach grants permission for a new church and charter. Founding of St. Stephen.
August 31, 1941 – The first pastor, Rev. Stephen J. Kocisko, arrives and the church property on 8345 Thaddeus St. in the Delray neighborhood of Detroit, Michigan was purchased.
March 15, 1947 – A new pastor, Rev. Nicholas Repko, arrives and the rectory was purchased on 8337 Thaddeus St.
November 6, 1951 – A new pastor, Rev. John Kurty, arrives – 4 1/2 acres of property is acquired 6 miles away in Allen Park, Michigan.
September 19, 1954 – There is a ground-breaking for a new parish church, rectory, garage, and hall, at 4141 Laurence, Allen Park, Michigan.
November 21, 1954 – The cornerstone blessing takes place.
August 14, 1955 – The church is dedicated by Bishop Nicholas T. Elko.
February 1, 1956 – A new pastor, Rev. Michael Miyo, is appointed.
May 11, 1956 – A new pastor, Rev. Emil Masich, arrives and the parish property grows to 9 1/2 acres.
June 14, 1959 – Former pastor, Bishop Stephen Kocisko, burns the mortgage with the parish family.
February 12, 1964 – There is a ground-breaking by Bishop Nicholas Elko for a new school, hall, and kitchen facilities.
June 13, 1965 – Dedication Day and the new facilities are blessed. The parish is free of debt. Stephen Balog spends the summer as the parish deacon.
April 6, 1966 – Rev. Frank Korba arrives as the first associate pastor.
October 9, 1966 – Ground-breaking for the new rectory and office wing begins.
October 23, 1966 – Parish Silver Jubilee (25 years) Liturgy, Banquet, and Dance.
April 23, 1967 – Ordination to the Holy Priesthood of parish son Fr. Stephen Veselenak, OSB – his first solemn celebration of the liturgy on April 30.
September 15, 1967 – Rev. John Repasky arrives as associate pastor – the new rectory facilities are completed and blessed.
March 1, 1970 – Renovation and remodeling Program is started, including installing an icon screen.
May 17, 1970 – Ordination to the Holy Priesthood of parish son, Rev. Dennis Hrubiak.
April 20, 1971 – Rev. Constantine Guiness arrives as weekend associate pastor.
June, 1977 – A young deacon from the seminary, Stephen Wasko, spends the summer.
Summer, 1981 – A new pastor arrives, Rev. Joseph Radvansky.
September, 1984 – The school building was rented to the Montessori Children’s Center.
July 7, 1986 – A new temporary administrator was assigned to the parish, Rev. Kenneth Walsh.
July, 1986 – Two area parishes were closed – Christ the King Parish, Taylor, Michigan and St. John Parish, Detroit, Michigan. All church members were invited to join St. Stephen.
August 4, 1987 – A new pastor is assigned to the parish – Rev. Cyril Attak.
1989 – A gold anodized icon screen from Christ the King Parish is installed in the church.
October 4, 1991 – The parish holds its 50th Anniversary Celebration with Liturgy and dinner/dance.
October 30, 1994 – There is a SOLEMN CONSECRATION of the church by Bishop Andrew Pataki, D.D. followed by parish dinner/dance.
1995 – A new icon screen and icons are installed in chapel. Three domes are erected on the roof of the church.
May 30, 1996 – Former pastor and retired priest Msgr. John Kurty makes his home here at St. Stephen.
October 1st, 2017 – Rev. Cyril Attak retires as pastor of St. Stephen. Rev. Mychail Rozmarynowycz is appointed temporary administrator.
July 1st, 2018 – A new administrator is assigned to the parish – Rev. John R.P. Russell.